Marie’s Piano Studio
Giving the gift of music since 1988
My piano students enjoy my playful approach to learning. I have a clear long-term vision for my students and provide them with the step-by-step instruction that nurtures a feeling of success.
Balance is important to me. I blend traditional teaching with technology, I mix playfulness with practice, and I carefully balance my lessons to cover:
- reading skill development
- listening skills
- composition and improvisation
- chords and lead sheets
- technique development
- written theory homework
- pieces in a variety of styles
I provide three different pianos in my studio: a Kawai baby grand and two Yamaha Clavinova digital pianos. The first instrument encourages students to listen to the nuance and emotion that can be heard on a quality acoustic piano. All studio instruments encourage the development of proper technique. In addition to the baby grand, the two digital pianos help in daily lessons, and allow for fun engagement with the creative sounds and back tracks they provide. All instruments are properly maintained and tuned to ensure optimal function.
WHAT MAKES MARIE’S PIANO STUDIO DIFFERENT
- Innovative teaching approach focused learning technique, theory, music history, music terms and performance.
- A unique approach to fluently read notes in eight weeks and sight-read at a two year level.
- Independent musicianship encouraged to increase self-confidence in music and other areas of life.
- Multiple techniques provide a balanced and thorough musical education.
- Provides a wide variety of musical styles to learn and experiment with.
- Recital performances, both formal and informal, including our annual eight piano ensemble monster concert that provide opportunities to develop friendships, work together and build confidence that only performing provides.
- Exciting incentives to keep students interested and motivated.
- We have a TON of fun!
A wise man once said, “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.” When I try to explain my philosophy, I often find myself thinking about the intangible way music makes people feel. As a piano teacher, this is what’s important to me—that my students experience music, and enjoy it. I believe that music should be fun. If nothing else, I want my students to enjoy playing the piano.
Marie is an amazing teacher! I have studied with 4 previous professional teachers, so I can make good comparisons. I love Marie because she genuinely cares about her students, really! She never lets any of her students leave their lessons confused. Marie is also very skilled at motivating her students. She doesn’t just teach to teach, she teaches so her students really enjoy learning.
Online Piano Lessons
Marie has 33 years of experience teaching piano to children and offers insightful and creative piano lessons from her beautiful home-based studio. To register your child or to add your name to the studio wait list, click below.